Discovery Room Program
Schedule for Fall 2013 or Spring 2014 below.
|Class size:||Minimum 15 students/Maximum 70 students|
|Description:||This 90-minute program consists of a 45-minute session exploring interactive exhibits rotating with a 45-minute teacher-led, self-guided trail activity.|
|Tour Times:||9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. or 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Tuesday – Friday|
|Fee:||$6 per student|
- Discover at the Learning Tree that animals need the different layers of a tree and forest to survive.
- Explore aquariums stocked with native animals to learn about pond habitats.
- Learn about residents of Texas Gulf Coast grasslands.
- Explore the Arboretum on a self-guided, teacher-led nature hike (teachers/chaperones are provided with materials).
- CHAPERONES: You MUST bring one adult for every 10 students to ensure safety and to help supervise your students. The program is designed for your students; please ask parents to leave younger siblings at home. Chaperones over the 1:10 requirement are charged $6/person.
- DRESS: Students will be more comfortable if they dress for the out-of-doors. Students and adults should wear closed-toe shoes for safety. No sandals please.
- LUNCH:If you are doing a full day program, students may eat lunch on our building apron. (No picnic facilities available.) Please bring lunches separated by class in large bags or bins.
- BUS PARKING:Buses should drop children off first and then park in Satellite Parking ¼ mile east of our entrance. Click here for a map.
- RAINY DAYS: The Arboretum does not cancel in case of rain. We will provide ponchos to students. In the case of severe weather, we will offer an alternate indoor program.
- CANCELLATIONS: Program fees are non-refundable. Changes to enrollment after confirmation letter has been sent will result in a $25 processing fee.
- PAYMENT: Is due in full upon confirmation of your date. Accepted forms of payment are organizational check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. All checks must be made payable to: Houston Arboretum & Nature Center.
- REGISTRATION QUESTIONS? Email: email@example.com
- PROGRAM QUESTIONS? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule a full day for up to 140 students from 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Schedule your students for Field Adventures for a FULL Day of Hands-on Science!
Students participate in both the Guided Field Experience and Discovery Room Program.
Scheduling for 2013-2014 is now open.
TO SCHEDULE: Print/Download the Reservation Request Form (pdf) and send by fax (713) 682-2539 or mail to:
Houston Arboretum & Nature Center
Houston, TX 77024