Schedule for Fall 2013 or Spring 2014 below.
Schedule a full day of hands-on science for up to 140 students from 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.!
||Minimum 20 students/Maximum 140 students
||Students participate in both the Guided Field Experience and the Discovery Room Program. The Guided Field Experience consists of a 90-minute field experience led by staff naturalists and docents which introduce students to basic ecological concepts. Students are given an overview in the classroom, which is followed by hands-on activities in the 155-acre nature sanctuary. The Discovery Room Program consists of a 45-minute session exploring interactive exhibits rotating with a 45-minute teacher-led, self-guided trail activity.
||9:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Tuesday – Friday
||$8 per student
*Special rate of $6 available for Title I schools during September, December, January, and February only.
- CHAPERONES: You MUST bring one adult for every 10 students to ensure safety and to help supervise your students. The program is designed for your students; please ask parents to leave younger siblings at home. Chaperones over the 1:10 requirement are charged $6/person.
- DRESS:Students will be more comfortable if they dress for the out-of-doors. Students and adults should wear closed-toe shoes for safety. No sandals please.
- LUNCH:If you are doing a full day program, students may eat lunch on our building apron. (No picnic facilities available.) Please bring lunches separated by class in large bags or bins.
- BUS PARKING:Buses should drop children off first and then park in Satellite Parking ¼ mile east of our entrance. Click here for a map.
- RAINY DAYS:The Arboretum does not cancel in case of rain. We will provide ponchos to students. In the case of severe weather, we will offer an alternate indoor program.
- CANCELLATIONS:Program fees are non-refundable. Changes to enrollment after confirmation letter has been sent will result in a $25 processing fee.
- PAYMENT: Is due in full upon confirmation of your date. Accepted forms of payment are organizational check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. All checks must be made payable to: Houston Arboretum & Nature Center.
- REGISTRATION QUESTIONS? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PROGRAM QUESTIONS? Email: email@example.com
Scheduling for 2013-2014 is now open.
Fill out the form below or print/download the Reservation Request Form
(pdf) and send by fax (713) 682-2539 or mail to:
Houston Arboretum & Nature Center
Houston, TX 77024