Water Quality Monitoring
All 2013-2014 School Year Field Trip Dates are full.
We look forward to seeing you here in the 2014-2015 School Year.
“The content of the field experience is excellent and will help the students on the STAAR test. Very hands-on; keeps all students actively engaged” – Teacher comments
||Minimum 10 students/Maximum 40 students
||Middle or High School students participate in a survey of natural aquatic habitats. Students perform basic water testing procedures and aquatic animal and plant surveys. Participants learn the importance of wetlands and identify their local watershed.
||9:30 – 11:30, Tuesday – Friday
||$10 per student
- Water sheds
- Wetlands and their uses
- Chemical, biological, and physical measurements
- Threats to wetlands
- pH testing and dissolved oxygen testing
Registration for 2014-2015 school year opens in August.
- CHAPERONES: You MUST bring one adult for every 10 students to ensure safety and to help supervise your students. The program is designed for your students; please ask parents to leave younger siblings at home. Chaperones over the 1:10 requirement are charged $6/person.
- DRESS: Students will be more comfortable if they dress for the out-of-doors. Students and adults should wear closed-toe shoes for safety. No sandals please.
- LUNCH:If you are doing a full day program, students may eat lunch on our building apron. (No picnic facilities available.) Please bring lunches separated by class in large bags or bins.
- BUS PARKING:Buses should drop children off first and then park in Satellite Parking ¼ mile east of our entrance. Click here for a map.
- RAINY DAYS: The Arboretum does not cancel in case of rain. We will provide ponchos to students. In the case of severe weather, we will offer an alternate indoor program.
- CANCELLATIONS: Program fees are non-refundable. Changes to enrollment after confirmation letter has been sent will result in a $25 processing fee.
- PAYMENT: Is due in full upon confirmation of your date. Accepted forms of payment are organizational check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. All checks must be made payable to: Houston Arboretum & Nature Center.
- REGISTRATION QUESTIONS? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PROGRAM QUESTIONS? Email: email@example.com
Print/Download the Reservation Request Form
(pdf) and mail to:
Houston Arboretum & Nature Center
Houston, TX 77024