Summer School ProgramsThe Houston Arboretum & Nature Center Discovery Room has interactive exhibits that invite students to learn about pond, meadow, and forest habitats in a fascinating and fun way.
- Students discover at The Learning Tree that animals need the different layers of a tree and a forest to survive.
- Explore onsite aquariums stocked with native animals to learn about pond habitats.
- Learn about residents of Texas Gulf Coast grasslands.
- Examine the tunnel homes of worms and ants and reach into boxes to identify residents of Grasslands with your sense of touch.
Discovery Room Appointments:
Tuesday through Friday, 9:30 – 10:15 a.m. or 10:15-11 a.m.
We can accommodate 35 students for each Discovery Room appointment.
Fee: $6.00 per student. ($90 minimum)
Payment is due in full upon confirmation of your date. The Arboretum does not hold dates. Your group will not be scheduled without payment. Accepted forms of payment are organizational check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. All checks must be made payable to: Houston Arboretum & Nature Center.
- CHAPERONES: Chaperones assist children in exploring exhibits. One adult for every 10 students is required. Chaperones over the 1:10 requirement pay $6/person. Teachers/chaperones are required to read and share Arboretum Visitor Policies with their students at the start of their visit.
- LUNCH: Picnicking is not permitted in the Arboretum. Picnic Facilities are available nearby in Memorial Park.
- MOSQUITOES: Mosquitoes can be a problem on any warm day. Please bring insect repellent for your students and make sure your parent permission forms cover the use of it.
- CANCELLATIONS: Program fees are non-refundable.
- CHANGES TO ENROLLMENT AFTER CONFIRMATION LETTER HAS BEEN SENT WILL RESULT IN $25 PROCESSING FEE PER EACH CHANGE.